At McGraw Hill, our vision is to unlock the full potential of each learner and our mission is to accelerate learning. We achieve this by partnering with institutions to create and deliver intuitive, engaging, efficient, and effective learning experiences.
Our Learning Matters program has been created to widen the availability and accessibility for all students and educators that want to partner with us to fulfil this mission.
Through our Learning Matters program, institutions have an opportunity to apply for funding to support their transition to using technology in their teaching.
Announcing our £100,000 grant fund
Over the last 12 months the landscape of Higher Education has fundamentally changed. Your faculty have made significant changes to ensure the continuity of their courses to keep students engaged and their learning continuous - often with little experience in creating and delivering online courses. We know that this wasn’t easy and that this created additional challenges to ensure that courses have remained accessible and deliverable in a virtual world.
To do our part to help out, we are launching the Learning Matters grant programme.
This programme offers access to a grant fund of £100,000 worth of McGraw Hill content, education technologies and services to help you make the changes you need to ensure success in the coming academic year.
To apply for the grant, please click here and let us know what your faculty would like to transform!
Support at every step
Support at every step
We're proud of our partnership reputation - sharing the journey of learning and success for the duration of this programme and beyond.
|Design and build
We'll evaluate what will have the greatest impact and design your programme with you
|Implement and launch
Our team will ensure you are set up for a seamless student experience
|Analyse and optimise
Use enhanced reports to ensure your resources are effective and impactful for your faculty and students
How to apply
Application for the Education Matters grant is simple! Use the link below to go to our Application page and fill out the form (takes no more than 10 minutes). The applications will be judged on their merit and multiple awards may be made to different faculties.
Some of the criteria we are looking for in a successful application are:
Strong demonstrated need to receive this support to start your course’s/institution’s digital transformation. Support documentation can include business case.
Outline of measurable goals in receiving these services, which may include (for example) increasing student engagement, first day availability, student success, student retention.
Clear timeline of when you hope to implement the programme and measure the impact.
How the use of technology in your course, department or university is built into your individual/department/university long-term strategy.
For full Terms and Conditions of this grant, see below.
Terms and conditions
Up to £100,000 worth of McGraw Hill content, technology and services for academic year 2021/2022
Terms of Entry/Eligibility Requirements:
- Existing programmes/courses using McGraw Hill proprietary technology solutions are not eligible; this grant is available only for new courses or programmes.
- Parties seeking awards can apply for free via application. Award recipients will be determined based on application submitted - application details are outlined below.
- Eligible institutions are those in the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Iceland only.
- £100,000 of McGraw Hill proprietary product licenses and services are eligible for award.
- Award recipients(s) must redeem their free technology in the 2021/22 academic year. Access to the awarded McGraw Hill technology will be available only during this period and will terminate August 31, 2022.
- Timeline: Open date for submissions: 09:00 BST 17 May 2021; Deadline for submissions: 23:59 BST 14 June 2021; Award announcement: 21 June 2021
- Award recipients must participate in McGraw Hill implementation programme – ensuring the best experience and set up for instructors and students – and work with McGraw Hill on a case study assessing how the MH licensed courses impacted your programme.
- Estimated value of Connect with service package is £35/€39 per license (~2,800 licenses). One license per student per course is required for access.